Monday, April 18, 2011

The Road Goes On Forever And The Party Never Ends

Since day one, if you ask my parents, I have not been the biggest fan of having plans. Yes, I do like to know what is ahead and when, but more than that I require options. Sometimes this makes my life more difficult than it should be, however it keeps things interesting! With my first year of college closing in on me, a lot of people have asked what my plans are for the next three years and even my life. I never know what to say. As many people know, I can't make a decision to save my life, because once again I like options. That is one reason why I have developed this highly effective hand gesture. When people say raise your hand if you want to do so and so, just hold it half way up parallel to the floor. This way you aren't exactly saying yes and you aren't exactly saying no. Okay, so back on track! What do I want to do with my life? That is a question that I probably won't be able to answer until I am on my death bed and I can respond with "everything that I have done". I could basically sum it up with I don't have plans, I have goals and dreams. As long as I accomplish my goals and dreams in life, I think that there is no need for any form of track to follow, God will always lead me to where I am supposed to go. I have one main goal. It is a daily goal. It is to live life day by day. I don't care about what I am going to have to do tomorrow that I am dreading, I want to have a blast doing what I want to do today. As Robert Earl Keen would say, "The road goes on forever and the party never ends." Well, I want to live life by that statement. Have fun your whole life and the road will go on forever. Why worry about what if? Party/live it up. Push your limits and live a life you want to tell your future grandchildren about. It has taken me a little bit to learn this but I give up caring. I don't care what you, your mom, your best friend, or your dog thinks about me. Like it or leave it! I am going to drive down the road of life going 90 to nothing, music blaring from my radio, living it up with my friends and family knowing that God is leading me down the right path. Then someday, when the time comes, I will hit that dead end of my road knowing that I had one heck of a time doing what I love to do. Love the life you live!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to this playlist: sydney.mccollum's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones