I have always said that I would never wish twins on anyone, not even my worst enemy. After the past few months out on OUR own, I would like to add something to that statement. While I would not wish twins on anyone, I would wish a twin for someone. You see, being a twin is hard! You share EVERYTHING! Not just material objects. You share birthdays, graduations, Christmas', parents, often times friends, and opportunities. It was not until my 18th birthday that I had ever had a birthday celebration where my sister wasn't right there, blowing out the candles beside me. My twin sister Shelby and I have had our ups and downs. We have fought until we drew blood, we have said things to each other that we definitely did not mean, but through it all, NO ONE could tear us apart. We have been together 18 years, why should we let them? We have had "friends" try to put a wedge between us, but with time we always figure it out. We fight one minute, then try to fight each others way out of trouble the next. I know that for the past 18 years Shelby and I have slowly been driving our parents to their grave. So, that is why I say that I would not wish twins on anyone, they are hard to raise. However, I would wish a twin for someone, they are the best friend that you could ever find. Tonight, when my sister needed me, I would have not thought twice about dropping my plans to support her. As I know that, without a doubt, she would do the same for me. She has fought for me with everything that she has got, and fought me with it too, and I would do anything to stand up for her. So, maybe after all of my griping, being a twin isn't bad at all. While other people walk into a situation alone, I have always had my sister to hold my hand (or push me) through it, I always have someone to talk to, I always have someone that I can trust with just about anything, and most of all I always have someone to call my best friend. I mean, after all, I love you Choo Choo Train House!




No comments:
Post a Comment