Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Oh The Things That I Have Learned

So here we are, I made it through my first year of college!! Those are words that I know at points in my life I didn't know if I would ever say. There were definitely times that my parents were in doubt if that could ever have been said. Regardless of all of that, I DID IT!!! Now the question is, how many more years are we looking at? Since this year flew by so fast, I am more than certain that this whole college thing is going to fly by. Therefore, I have developed the perfect plan. Since I absolutely love college and my parents want me to get a good amount of school, I will stay here for a while. Unlike most people that stay in college forever because they can't pass, I will stay in school for quite some time getting a large amount of education. As of right now my goal is to get two degrees, ag economics and ag business with a minor in ag communications. When I get done will all of that in three years I think it will be time for some good ole' grad school. My goal in life is to get my MBA. How cool would that be? (Yes, my inner nerd is coming out big time!) I would nearly be guaranteed a good job then. I have just about come to the conclusion that I am just plain afraid of growing up. Why get into such a hurry to be old? Someday I do want to settle down and have a good job and a family, however I don't want that day to come too soon. There are so many people just ready to graduate and start their family. I honor them. While it would be great to know where life is taking me, I am going to make this one long road trip and we all know that "grown-up" is not exactly a term used to describe me. This first year has taught me a lot. It has not just taught me a lot through classes, it has taught me a lot about myself and life in general. In fact I think that I'm going to make a list about just how much I have learned. Here it is:

  • You can fit a LOT of stuff into a tiny space, just take my dorm room for example. 
  • Lubbock water is not drinkable. 
  • You absolutely do NOT put on any form of lip gloss before walking outside. 
  • I have learned what wind is, I just thought that I knew. 
  • My hair actually does do better in a humid climate. 
  • Socks are not made to match. It's more fun to wear 2 different colored ones. 
  • Mijo can make a damn good salad. 
  • Apples to Apples was made to be played at Bahama Bucks.
  • You can't make a left turn out of CVS on 19th (Emily) ;) 
  • There is nothing more comfortable than jeans and your favorite Tech shirt.
  • Rules were made to be broken.
  • Bingo is actually really fun, even if you don't win big. 
  • Community bathrooms are terrible, but you don't have to clean them!
  • Only the weak attend Baylor. 
  • Chicken Express sweet tea was made for getting out of the dorms for a little bit. (Tiffany) 
  • You can find an old test for nearly any class. 
  • 8 am is a lot earlier than it was last year. 
  • Liquor before beer, your in the clear.
  • Laundry really is not fun. Now I really know why Mom always made us do it.
  • Apple was a genius when they programmed the iPhone to where you can have 14 alarms set.
  • Money really doesn't grow on trees. 
  • Krum, TX will always be home, even when I don't live there.
  • Everyone needs to live away from home for at least 6 months. 
  • There are some strange people out there. 
  • 8 hours a sleep per night is for old people.
  • Teachers will tell you about "Sneaky F**kers" and tell you that we are in hell. 
  • There is no such thing as "having too much fun"
  • Sorostitutes are a dime a dozen. Tights and fishing shirts are not a wardrobe for me.
  • College isn't as hard as everyone made it out to be, it is simply time management.
  • 5,000 words really isn't as terrible to write as everyone makes it out to be, but it still sucks.
  • Regardless how many times a phone back disappears, it will show back up!
  • Free anything is a gift from above. 
  • The later it is, things begin to taste better.
  • Football is awesome!
  • There are some truly awesome people out in the world. 
  • People are people, everyone makes mistakes. 
  • Shampoo can last a long time if you start filling it up with water when it is only half-way full. 
  • Do not under any circumstances try to remove permanent marker from your skin with a callus stone. 
  • Target t-shirts are amazing when laundry is not the top priority. 
  • Don't trust Tanner Adams with your credit card, it will be cracked. :) 
  • My laptop is my life!!
  • Family is the glue that holds you together. 
This past year has been more than amazing. For being so worried, everything has gone great! I have managed to have the time of my life as well as maintain a very good GPA. I have met some amazing people and I can't wait for the next how many ever years I will spend here at the oh so amazing Texas Tech. 

~Billy Ann ;)

Wreck em' Tech!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to this playlist: sydney.mccollum's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones