Sunday, September 18, 2011

Somewhere Beautiful

So I have this little tradition on my way home. It is kind of a weird one, but the first time that I was coming home from Lubbock this song came on right as I hit the city limit sign of Krum. Now, it is my tradition. I know just about everyone and their dog has heard the song "My Hometown" by the oh so amazing Charlie Robison. Well that's my "city limit song", simply because I am certain that it pertains to every Krum resident's life in some form or fashion. It's a classy joint. During one of my typical day-to-day activities of just driving around today, this song came on and reminded me how much I just need to go home for a day or two. I was so excited about leaving, I feel as if I forgot to say goodbye. I didn't exactly accomplish everything at home that I feel like I needed to this summer. My grandpa was in the hospital the two weeks before we left, and I was so worried about him that I didn't do the things that I said that I was going to do. August 1st got here really fast, and I have not been back to take care of any unfinished business since. When that song came on today every little thing started reminding me of good ole' Hawkeye road from the smell of cow poop to the thought of drinking water from a well. Yeah, it's that bad! Unfortunately, I am about to learn how to cope with the the thought of not going home until Thanksgiving. Praying that I get to go home then. Between school and work, there is just not enough time in the day for that four and a half hour journey. My parents come to visit VERY often, but that is just not quite filling the gap for me. I need to see my puppy, my old friends, all of my family, and that driveway to my house REALLY bad! Until then, my current mood is homesick. However, I can't bare the thought of leaving my house here for very long. They always say "home is where the heart is", well I have a problem that I don't know how to fix. My heart is in two places that are very far apart.
The sunset that I miss seeing every night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to this playlist: sydney.mccollum's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones